Changes happening to you and the people you live with

The change in circumstances form is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance. Please try again soon. We're sorry for any inconvenience. 

Once you start receiving housing benefit or a reduction in council tax via Council Tax Support, please tell us about any changes to your situation or the situation of anyone who lives under your roof.

Small changes can affect the amount of benefit or council tax reduction that you’re entitled to. For example, changes include an adult child moving out, or finding a new job. 

We’ll need evidence, so take a photo or scan of any documents that will support your claim. This could be a letter from a new employer or a payslip. A photo taken on a smartphone is fine.

Tips to make sure we can deal with your claim as quickly as possible:

  • make sure the information you send is easy to read – unclear information will cause delays
  • provide all the evidence within one month of submitting the form. If we receive evidence later than this, we may not be able to process your form. This means we may decide you’re not entitled to the benefit or reduction.
  • consider setting a reminder on your phone or sticking a note on the fridge so you don’t forget to provide evidence

You’ll also need to complete the relevant forms below if you:

Change in circumstance form

While completing your application, you can save the form and continue it later. Just make a note of the reference number and password when you click save. If you have provided an email address, we will email you these details.

Please try to tell us about a change in your circumstances as quickly as you can. A delay in telling us can lead to loss of benefits.

It’s important to share accurate and up to date information. Knowingly giving false information, or by failing to tell us about a change in circumstances, can lead to prosecution.

You can manage and view your benefits using your Camden Account